If you want to make the world more brilliant – make it brilliant with us.
VIA optronics is a successful, dynamic, fast developing company with international presence. We have production sites in Germany, China and Japan, global sales offices including Taiwan and the US and a global R&D team based in Germany, China, Japan and the Philippines.
As leading provider of interactive display solutions including displays, touch screens, optical bonding, cameras and computing platforms, VIA optronics, with more than 700 employees (m/f/d) worldwide, develops and produces products and solutions for industrial, automotive, and consumer electronics markets.
In the course of our continuous growth and to strengthening our team in Nuremberg, we search for talents for the following open positions:
Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
- Finalize the product specification and establish the qualification plan and execute related tests with quality
- Establish the process work instructions for production and hand over the product to production
- Designs and builds electrical testing equipment, including test equipment for R&D as needed
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- In cooperation with other departments, investigate and adjust the process or the product in response to customer complaints regarding quality
- Sustaining production support
- Facility management (Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment)
- Work closely with Human Resources to recruit new talent; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services
- Requires a minimum of a BS degree in a technical discipline, plus five to ten years related experience in a high-tech product development environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Demonstrates capability to conduct thorough engineering experiments and apply the scientific method.
- Requires knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Requires knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Working knowledge of and experienced in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of electronics and mechanical assembly processes required.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing
- Intermediate technical writing skills required.
- Will conduct duties with a minimum of supervision.
We offer you the opportunity to be part of our growing international, professional team. Together we can shape the future within a dynamic environment and maintain our leadership position in a rapidly expanding market segment. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your detailed application indicating your salary expectations and earliest possible entry date to email@example.com.
It´s a world of displays, let´s create the interactive display world together.